Attorney At Law (Retired)
John Pankau graduated from Purdue University in Lafayette, Indiana, and Chicago Kent College of Law with High Honors. John was the founder of Pankau Law which was located in Itasca for many years, prior to its merger with Knauf Law and move to Addison in January 2020. John is a professional business speaker and a former adjunct faculty member at College of DuPage and the American Institute of Paralegal Studies.
Prior to and while attending law school, John and his wife Carole owned and operated a family business in Bloomingdale. John has been an active member of his community for many years, presenting educational seminars at local libraries and banks and as a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and several local Chambers of Business and other business organizations.
After being an active member of the legal and business community for over 40 years, John announced his retirement from the practice of law, effective the end of April 2023. He is looking forward to spending more time on the golf course, riding his bicycle and spending time with his family. And of course – more travel!
- Previous owner of Pankau Law
- Professional business speaker
- Former faculty member, College of DuPage
- Former faculty member, American Institute of Paralegal Studies
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member and Legislative Liaison, DuPage County Bar Association
- Member, Greater O'Hare Association of Industry and Commerce
- Former board member, Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce
- Past president; Business Person of the Year 1986, Roselle Chamber of Commerce
- Former board member, Carol Stream Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Business Networking Individuals (BNI)
- Member, Business Networking Group (BNG)
- Member, Greater O'Hare Networking Executives III, Gone IV
- Member, Bloomingdale One Leads Group